Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Diaper Story

So, I did it. I changed a dirty diaper. It was disgusting - no doubt about it. But somehow, it ended up being an experience I will remember.



I don't know how it is even possible, but the 18 month old takes the most horrific smelling "caca's" ever known to mankind. You can literally smell it across from the room. If you're feeling grossed out right now - imagine how I feel having to deal with this on a daily basis.



The part that makes it somewhat forgivable is that he knows and announces it: "Ho fatto una caca! Pulzo!!" (I'm sure you can translate the first part...Pulzo = SMELLY) And he says it with that cute little face of his which makes you want to pick him up and squeeze him in spite of him being a litlte pulzo.



I had not changed his diaper yet up until yesterday. But, as I have been here longer and longer I knew the day would soon arrive. The past few times I tried asking him if he would let me try to change it but he always replied with the shake of a head and saying "Mamma".



Well, yesterday was that fateful day when he said SI! It was gross. Obviously changing a baby's poopy diaper is gross...but what made this 10x grosser was the fact that we don't have baby wipes in the house and I had to use MY HAND and WATER. Alright, so I'm exaggerating a little bit and it wasn't as horrible as I had imagined - but it wasn't super fun either.



Once the worst part was over, I had him laying down on his little changing area and I was putting his fresh diaper on followed by pants. Because I was standing over him in such a way, his face lightened up and his hands went straight down my shirt and he got a full on squeeze. To make the situation even better, he looked up at me and said "bella!!"

Honestly, I didn't know what to do...so I just nicely got his hands out of my business and pretended like nothing ever happened.

And that, is the diaper story.



1 comment:

  1. hahahah! he is 100% italian thats for sure! he sounds adorable! you should post a pic of him on here!

    ReplyDelete