Monday, October 26, 2009

Daylight Savings Already? Ew...

We had Daylight Savings yesterday in Italy...gross! Today felt SO short. It was already getting much darker earlier in the day but it seemed like it was nighttime two hours earlier than normal today. Oh well...the weird part is the States doesn't "fall back" until next Sunday. So for the next week we are only 5 hours apart instead of 6...kinda cool, I guess.



So, I may or not have dropped about 300 bucks yesterday. But it was for a good cause. ME!! I never spent any of my birthday money or the money that we got back from our security deposit...so I mean, I don't really feel too guilty about it. Also, I bought a lot for what I spent and it's all things that I'll get a lot of use out of for a long time...so what did I get??

  • Ray Ban aviators

  • 2 pairs of boots (one gray pair that only come up to my ankles; one black pair that are high cut)

  • 2 scarves

  • 1 poncho style jacket

After I went on my mad shopping spree, I checked out the Duomo because it was the first day that it became a pedestrian only zone. It was actually really cool! It was a gorgeous day so everyone was out celebrating the fact that no more cars, busses and bikes are allowed in the Piazza and the streets surrounding it. There were people in the streets and it seemed like the entire city was swarmed around the Duomo and the Baptistry. Now I can say I took a little part of Florence's history!!

I guess today was pretty standard...nothing too exciting has really happened in the past few days.

Federico was home from school (sick) so I hung out with him and Nonna Mima for awhile this morning. I went to recharge my phone at the place I always go to on Via Massaccio. Really, there are so many other places that I could go - but I go there because the guy that works there (Lorenzo) is absolutely gorgeous. He remembered that the company I use is WIND and that I usually put 10 Euro worth of credit today...so I felt pretty special. I went in there feeling pretty confident becaues I was rocking my aviators, scarf and black boots and I was going to ask him if he knew of anyone that might need some help. Well, even after I bought a Coca-Cola for the sole purpose of having a reason to stay for a bit and bring up the topic of me looking for work...I couldn't build up the courage and ended up leaving after 10 minutes. Haha, really, Gianna?! Oh well - maybe next time!!

Other than that...the boys were pretty good today. My heart breaks everytime Riccardo cries and says "Mamma! Mamma!" with his sweet little voice. Luckily it's been getting easier and easier to calm him down after just a few minutes and find ways to distract him. He is so adorable and I can't get enough of his little face when he's happy.

As for Federico, I finally realized that he only says super mean things to me when his parents or grandparents are around...what a little show-off! Him and I were like attached at the hip, best friends today. Everything we did, he wanted to do together. He even wanted me to read a bunch of books to him (yes, I can read in Italian!!) and he was all snugged up on me and holding my hand. Then at dinner he was telling me how stupid I am and that I'm evil...it's like whoa whoa whoa! Did we not just have an awesome together, Mr. 4-year old?! So when he left the table I told his parents and they just laughed and said that they know that's what he does...so as long as we're all on the same page I'm not worried about it!!

Well...tomorrow is supposed to be more eventful...I'm meeting up for some American coffee. Maybe while I am out I will stop by a few random places and ask for work! And I hope to go out tomorrow night so...hopefully more interesting stories to come.

A dopo :)


No comments:

Post a Comment