Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm Alive...

Yay! I'm alive! So, I was not ignoring my blog...I simply had swine flu (according to the doctor, but I'm not really sure if that was a true diagnosis or not) and was sick in bed for a week. Anyway, I am completely back to normal health now - hallelujah!!

Let's see here...the doctor was an interesting experience for me. All five of us were sick in the house so last Tuesday they called the doctor to come do a house visit (because that is normal here). Twenty minutes later, the doctor shows up and we all went into the living room and with no privacy at all had our check-ups one at a time with him. He checked our hearts, ears and throats. After looking at us, he said that we had the swine flu and needed to rest for the rest of the week and drink lots of water, orange juice, etc...he is saying this as he is putting a cigarette in his mouth and his motor scooter helmet back on!!

Clearly, being stuck in the house for a week with four other sick people wasn't an ideal situation...but I guess it was nice to do nothing for a week except for eat and sleep. It was funny though because all I wanted to eat was chicken soup and normal things one would eat when sick - but we still ate legit meals.

Anyway, I know this was a totally lame post but it's 11 now and I am starting to think bed sounds like a really awesome idea. I'll have to be on my blogging game this week and really make up for the week I lost :)

A dopo!

No comments:

Post a Comment